Microsoft released the Fabulous 40 Application Templates for SharePoint 2007 a (long) while ago. One of them is Rooms and Equipment Reservations (link) where you can make bookings for conference rooms, material, etc and get a visual overview of all bookings.
If you really start using this template you will find it has numerous shortcomings. I've been working on my own version to tackles some of these. It's basically the standard template but I've replaced the event handlers with my own custom ones.
The biggest issue for example is that changing a reservation's resource incorrectly updates the availability and messes up the entire reservation system.
Another one occurs for users with Add, Delete permissions (note: no Edit) when they create new reservations. This should all be solved with my event handlers...
- RERv2_1033.stp - This site template displays the date format on the Availability page in US date format
- RERv2_2067.stp - This site template displays the date format on the Availability page in Belgian date format
- RoomEquipmentReservationsV2.stp - This solution contains the assembly with custom event handlers
- VS 2008 CODE - Feel free to modify and improve the code as required
This package requires that the standard ApplicationTemplateCore and RoomEquipmentReservations are already deployed. It is by no means a standalone package.
- Deploy the solution to your SharePoint farm
- Upload one or both of the STP's to the Site Collection's Site Template Gallery
- Create a new site based on one of the site templates
You can change the regional settings for date formatting in Site Settings but the Availability page has the LCID and 24 hour formatting hardcoded. That's why there are two versions of the site template...
Use at own risk ;-)